Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A very sweet book

Do you ever happen onto things at the library that end up being so fantastic?!

It happens to us a lot.

Most of our favorite things from the library are things we just happen to find and are not things we intentionally look for. There are so many things to choose from that sometimes I don't even know what to search for. So, instead we go into "browse" mode.

My how I love browse mode.

One of my favorite places to browse is in the "HOLDS" section. Our library is so well-used that some of the best things rarely make it to the main shelves. So, I always browse to get ideas of things to read or watch.


This book however, we found just on the shelf during our usual "browsing."
We are currently reading this at night before bed. It is really sweet and of course, we have to talk in our best Scottish accent.

It is called "Hanne's Quest."

Do you have any favorite recent finds at the library?


5 comments:

Heidi said...

You would read it in a Scottish accent!

Stephanie said...

My screen must be dark, I can't see the title. I love finding things for my kids that way! We come across the coolest books sometimes! And yes, I could totally hear you doing a Scottish accent. HA HA!

Steph said...

Great idea about browsing the holds section. I'll have to steal your technique!

And does this post mean that your computer is fixed?

Britney said...

No. Sad enough my laptop is not fixed, so I have to use the other computer. Just not the same.

Christie said...

I like looking at the carts of books that haven't been re-shelved yet.

I also like checking out the Caldecott section. Joseph Had a Little Overcoat by Simms Taback is one of our old favorites from that section. We discovered Ox-Cart Man by Donald Hall there this time.

Animal Stackers by Jennifer Belle is a very clever one we randomly came across.

We've also had some success with telling the librarians what the kids are interested in and getting some of their favorite recommendations.