Another one of our family favorites from the library is this movie.
We love it!
It is in French and there isn't much dialogue. (There are subtitles.) There is a lot of silence.
I checked it out once because I really like it and wanted my kids to see it. I wasn't sure what they would think.
To my surprise, they really liked it.
They have asked for it a few times.
Do you have any family favorites that you have stumbled onto?
It is in French and there isn't much dialogue. (There are subtitles.) There is a lot of silence.
I checked it out once because I really like it and wanted my kids to see it. I wasn't sure what they would think.
To my surprise, they really liked it.
They have asked for it a few times.
Do you have any family favorites that you have stumbled onto?


5 comments:
I loved watching this film when I was in elementary school. This of course was way back in the dark ages when it was on filmstrip. I loved hearing the hum and click of the projector as we watched it. I haven't thought about this movie for years. I am going to have to get it for my kids too! Thanks for the suggestion (and walk down memory lane)!
I am sorry to say that we watch the pretty standard fare when it comes to movies -- so I'll have to branch out and be a cool mom like you!
Ooh, I remember that from my Humanities class at the International Cinema. Nothing beats that place. I really enjoyed that movie. I'll have to get it for my kids. They'd love to hear the French (what little I remember there being).
We found Microcosmos this way. It's hiding in the non-fiction dvd section, but it's AWESOME. It's a fabulous film about bugs made with super zoom cameras. Very cool.
I've seen Red Balloon and wondered if it was any good. We'll have to look for it next time we're there.
Heidi,
I know what you mean about hearing the hum and click of the projector. Something so relaxing about it.
Steph,
Thanks for the heads up. We will definitely be checking out Microcosmos. My boys will love that.
this is one of my favorite movies
Post a Comment