Every year for the big school fundraiser they do a Fall Festival. One of the games at the Festival is a Pop Parade (instead of a cake walk.) To make things fun, they have any of the students that want to participate, decorate some new cans/bottles of soda and turn it into a contest. The students bring in their creations in the morning and a few teachers and school staff members roam around and judge them. Then, all of the pop creations are the prizes at the pop parade later that day.
This is one of our very favorite things! We love it! We have so much fun coming up with ideas. This year's theme was "60 years of Star" and was a Hollywood theme. So my boys chose two movie characters.
Max chose Obi Wan (did I spell that right?)
Max chose Obi Wan (did I spell that right?)
Anders chose Indiana Jones
They had a great time taking these to school and turning them in.
Max even took 3rd place in his grade.
{But I don't feel sorry for Anders b/c he has placed almost every other year.}
Max even took 3rd place in his grade.
{But I don't feel sorry for Anders b/c he has placed almost every other year.}

6 comments:
oh my goodness these are fantastic!! what great ideas!!!
We have a pop bottle contest at our school too -- and this year we just didn't get around to decorating any -- I am one lame mom. But I think you should get a prize because those are some pretty fancy pop bottles!!! Rally those are great!! Tell the boys I would have given them both first place for sure!
Those look fantastic! I remember talking to you on the phone while you were making those. You are so amazing. That is what mine would look like in my head... but never come to fruition! You can totally tell who they're supposed to be. I bet they went over big! I can't imagine what the winners looked like!
I love that...we don't have that contest, maybe I should suggest it!
I agree with Robyn - it would only look like that in my head. You definitely have a skill with creating things and carrying it from an idea to the actual creation. I love it! I live vicariously through you! Those are so cool.
Those are marvelous! It's amazing how well you can tell who they're supposed to be. I swear that pop bottle Obi-Wan has a better costume than my kids did.
Post a Comment