I'm sure some of you may have seen this, but if not, I thought I was a great idea to pass on.
Someone started an email, (not anyone officially from the church) and my mom sent it to me.

Basically, the idea is this...
If only 1/3 of all church members paid an extra 5 dol lars this month (just once) along with their tithing and fast offering , by putting 1 dollar into each of the 5 "extra" areas of the tithing slip t his week, then the church would get about 4 million dollars into the general missionary fund, 4 million for the Book of Mormon fund, 4 million for the Humanitarian fun, 4 million for temple construct ion and 4 mil for the perpetual education fund to start off the new year!
I thought this was a great idea and I think blogs are a great way to pass information on. So, if you are so inclined, think about donating an additional $5 this month and hopefully our small part will make a big difference.
5 comments:
I had seen the email but hadn't thought about blogging it. Great idea.
love your green food and your angelic children. Sorry the it wasn't the luckiest of days--but I did have the thought that at least your tires didn't blow when you were on the freeway being pelted by the truck's garbage.:-)
Have a great weekend!!
Thanks for the motivation.
There was a really interesting Forum at BYU a few wks. ago (by a non-member) who did a lot of research that proved that those who give always receive more in return. Not that we give to receive, but I do feel like we are always blessed in one way or another. I'll have to ask Myles to remind me of the speaker's name and find the link. I think one of his recent bks. is a best seller.
Holy Cow, my measly $5 would add up fast! I'll do it!
I love this idea. I'm in.
I also read it, but didn't think to blog about it. Maybe I'll pass it on to mine later. I love the idea.
Post a Comment